Sunday 15 July 2018

Current Favourites #12: Radish Paratha and More!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Hey, I took so many photos this week so thought I would share another current favourites with you guys.

We made radish parathas on Monday.
They were filled with grated radish, spices, and plenty of fresh coriander and green chillies. We also made samosas, mousse cake, ricotta blinis, watermelon sorbet, and lots more.

Scroll down for a look:

testing out a new samosa dough recipe with my mum. this one had butter in!
berries for dessert!
planning on making this mousse cake this week from my July cookbook of the month.
watering my veggie plants. they're doing so well!
writing recipes down from old programmes that don't have written online recipes.
another summer project! I got mine here!
radish pinks are the best.
I think this may be the best peach so far.
cooking radish parathas.
stuffed with plenty of fresh radish, coriander, and green chillies.
not bad!
a pot of kheer on the go. I prefer mine stone cold the next day!
roti rolling! we replaced half the wholemeal flour in our classic recipe for plain, and it made the rotis extra soft to go with ...
... lamb chop and pea shorba. this was excellent and I need to share it with you guys soon!
I shot the recipe for ricotta blinis this week.
they were so good fresh, dusted with icing sugar, sea salt, orange zest, and honey.
speaking of honey, it has been the star of my go-to breakfast and snack this week. it's crispy seeded toast with natural peanut butter and honey. so good!!

cracked mousse cake top.
lemon brown sugar syrup on the go.
spooned over.
it was so gooey but not too sweet because I used dark chocolate, star anise, and lemon.
my first time making salsa verde!
I put an anchovy in it!
basically a giant chicken nugget. similar recipe here!
chicken + beans + salsa verde.
ok, so my Mum made the best watermelon sorbet this week. it was so refreshing and sweet.
Dad roasted up whole peanuts in their shell and along with pb honey toast, I've been snacking on them too this week.
I even threw a handful into kung pao chicken.
put some of these sticks onto the runner bean plants to help them grow.
okra, before frying.
okra, after frying. we made this curry with them.
cucumber raita with mint ready to chill.
tested out garlic naans this week.
garlic + nigella seeds + fresh coriander + green chillies + butter.
fruit on the deck. the melon was the sweetest!
day 2 of 9 week Summer holidays.
not had these in years!
wholemeal pasta + double Gloucester cheese and chive sauce for a speedy take on macaroni cheese.

Keep me in your duas please!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! 


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.