Friday 15 June 2018

Eid Al-Fitr 2018!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Eid Mubarak!
We celebrated today - Friday 15 June. The day was filled with plenty of food and family. Also, I don't know about you but it was so nice and weird at the same time to be eating and drinking in the daylight. Think it's going to take me a few days to get used to!

Here are snaps from my Eid:

nothing beats that first proper morning coffee after Ramadan.

get the onions on and half the job is done.

we made a keema biryani. see a similar recipe here!

chopping up plenty of fresh mint and fresh coriander ....

.... to go on top. time to steam!

here it is - it was really tasty! a nice change from the chicken and lamb rice that we had been eating throughout Ramadan.

I wanted to cook something a little different this Eid and thought of fish!

so, we cooked a simple salmon curry.

it was really simple to put together and because I used salmon with skin, it had so much flavour.

we also made masala lamb chops. another recipe which came together pretty quickly and with no real effort on our part. definitely looking to sharing these in the future!

I also couldn't resist frying up a batch of my tandoori chicken and vegetable spring rolls

they're one of my favourites to have stashed in the freezer.

we also had plenty of green yoghurt chutney because no Pakistani meal is complete without it.

and for some crunch, a salad.

time for the best part of the meal - dessert! the main event was an upside down trifle cake which I had prepped yesterday and left in the fridge to chill overnight.

much to my mothers surprise, it set and didn't collapse or fall apart when the clingfilm came off.

the inside! it was filled with vanilla cake, peach juice, custard, white chocolate whipped cream and fruit.

I also made Mahalabiyah. this middle eastern set milk custard was perfect for anyone who was gluten-free in the family.

the milk custard was topped with thickened Rooh Afza before being sprinkled with caramelised pistachios.


the full recipe is here!

I hope you had a wonderful Eid! and, because you got to the end of the post, here are a few snaps of my niece in her glad rags.

she's going to be 2 in August and is the sassiest human I know!

Eid Al-Fitr, previously: 2017 // 2016 // 2015 // 2014

Keep me in your duas please!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.