Thursday 27 September 2012

Real Mashed Potatoes

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I have lived away from home for the past 6 years. 




And if I ever ate mashed potatoes in that time, it was usually out of a packet. And some of my friends had never had mashed potatoes except from out of a packet.
That did it for me! I had to share this recipe for the real thing. This is my mothers recipe, and it is loved by all. I hope that you guys will try it again and again like I do.

A Simple List of Ingredients:

1. Potatoes
2. Milk
3. Cheese
4. Butter
5. Salt and Pepper

Bismillah, let's begin!

Peel 9 Potatoes, and cut into chunks. Wash the potatoes and drain.

Boil the potatoes in a pan of water until they are soft.

Drain the potatoes and put them back into the same pan and keep it on a low heat.

Add 1/4 cup (60ml) Milk to the potatoes.

Add 2 tablespoons Butter to the potatoes.

Slice a few slices of the Cheese of your choice, and add to the potatoes.

Add Salt, to taste.

Add Black Pepper, to taste.

Mash the potatoes until they are smooth.

And there we have it! Perfect homemade mashed potatoes and not a single packet in sight!!

Full Written Recipe:

Real Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients

·      9 Potatoes
·      ¼ cup Milk
·      2 tablespoons Butter
·      Cheddar Cheese, to taste
·      Salt and Black Pepper, to taste

Method

1.  Peel the potatoes and cut them into even sized chunks.

2.  Boil the potatoes until they are soft.

3.  Drain the potatoes, and return them back to the same pan.

4.  On a low heat, add the milk.

5.  Then, add the butter, cheese, salt and black pepper.

6.  Mash until smooth. Serve immediately!

You May Also Like:


Potato Hash

Cheese and Potato Nests


My Grandma's Potato Pancakes

Keep me in your duas, please,

Wasalaam!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.