Sunday 15 October 2017

Current Favourites #2: Homemade Fish Fingers and More!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Happy Sunday!
Welcome to another current favourites. This week, we've had some seriously gloomy days here with no sunshine whatsoever. Cue, all the comfort food including a batch of homemade fish fingers served here with buttered bread, ketchup and tartare sauce. Can't beat it!

Here's more of my favourites including 10 recipe ideas for your upcoming week:

Thanks for the plant, Mum!

I've been loving this meditation app this week. I try to use it once a day and love that it actually forces me to sit and be still for a few minutes.

Couldn't resist trying this recipe for perfect chocolate crispy cakes on Wednesday.
They were really chocolatey with the addition of milk chocolate, dark chocolate and even, cocoa powder!


After seeing this recipe, I was in the mood for fish fingers.
I've always found fish fingers to be very boring but these homemade ones were amazing. Really simple to make and I even made a spicy batch!
Had to have mine with buttered bread, ketchup and tartare sauce.


I had two giant courgettes in the fridge on Thursday so decided to whip up simple fritters for dinner.
Pan-fried until crispy and golden.
I used this recipe and we all enjoyed them fresh from the pan with our favourite sauces.

So excited to cook my way through this book soon!

This picture of my niece and her post-ponytail hair made my week. Her trademark is two high ponytails and this is the result when they come out!

10 Recipe Ideas for your Upcoming Week:

chicken tikka aloo gobi tray bake.
our house everyday pakistani tea.
chicken pittas with spicy garlic sauce.
carrot apple salad.
cheddar waffles with fried chicken and gravy.
smashed potatoes.
my mum's apple crumble.

lahori chicken curry.

stuffed potato skins.
gingernuts.

Hope you've had a great week! Keep me in your duas please.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.