Thursday 31 August 2017

August 2017: Food + Favourites!

 Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


Can you believe it's Eid al-Adha tomorrow?!
One of my cousins has gone for Hajj this year. May Allah accept it from her and everyone else making the pilgrimage - ameen.
I'm about to get into the kitchen and make a start on the Eid dessert. Mum's already in there doing the savoury food but I thought I would post my August favourites first. Have a wonderful Eid!

 Food: fenugreek parathas + tomato and coconut daal.
egg white veggie omelette.
chocolate ice cream.
strawberry jelly poke cake.
spicy korean roasted chicken + creamy potato salad.
chinese chicken stuffed flatbread pastries.

cumin-scented lamb and new potato curry.
tuna pasta salad.
southwestern taco pizza.
general tso's chicken.
coronation chicken jacket potato.
herby yoghurt chicken salad with a chive dressing, courgettes, carrots and baby potatoes.
mustard potato rosti + fried egg + tomato sauce + fresh coriander.
halal coq au vin + creamy mashed potatoes.
potato rosti + scrambled eggs + fried tomatoes.
pan-fried crispy rainbow trout fillets.
cayenne eggs benedict.
mum's bbq chicken.
summer squash pizza.
tiramisu.
 achari lamb keema.
sobia's lamb lasagne.

Favourites: I've been cooking my way through Nadiya's British Food Adventure this month. See what I made here!
this little niece of mine turned one this month. here she is trying to attack her cake!
daal on the go on a particularly autumnal day.

it's the month of Hajj!
churning my ....
... chocolate ice cream.

visiting the geese.
the top of my poke cake.
set up for a fish and chips lunch.
flowers from the garden.
flowers from my students.

we've had so many grey days this month.
pizza night!
love this photo of the eclipse in America.
stir-fry prep.

love those ponytails.
my first time eating rainbow trout. I'm in!
this photo of the Lake District in Autumn has me so excited for the upcoming season.

I ate mackerel for the first time this month too. not a fan but at least I tried.
loved this instagram post from shutterbean.

an entire bowl of crisps ready for ...
... my chocolate tart.
and, I've been trying to be more like him (saw) this month.

weekend breakfast.

baked eggs are kind of pretty.

coconut citrus lamingtons for the coconut fans in my life.
park day!

slush addict.
how inspiring were these guys who cycled from London to Madinah for Hajj?

speaking of Hajj, I'm loving these two snapchat accounts that post daily from Makkah.
usernames are mkh.111 and dad1139.
sundays up in the hills.
stole this picture from my cousin of our day in the park. subhanallah, our country is still beautiful even on the greyest day.
managed to get the barbecue lit.
mum on tiramisu duty.
creamy blanket.

the next day.

bank holiday eton mess station.
the easiest pico: cherry tomatoes + onion + fresh coriander + lime juice + salt + pepper.
my first time making a baked cheesecake.

picking cherries in the garden with this sassy niece of mine.
 one-year-old.
 lunch at Sobia's.
 all the chocolate orange ...
 ... for my Eid cheesecake.
meatball rolling on the night before Eid-ul-Adha.

if you managed to make it through this post (sorry for all the scrolling!), these life lessons from 100-year-olds are just for you. 

Hope you all had a wonderful August!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!



Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.